- Location/mode: Remote-first
- Employment Type: Contract (6 month) 4 days/week
- Reports to: Head of Product
The Violet Initiative is a social enterprise that positively impacts the last stage of life so that more Australians are better prepared to die well.
Many Australians are not having the end of life experience they want or deserve. Half of the 100,000 predictable deaths each year have regretful outcomes - when things don’t go as planned, or there is no plan. Regret is a very personal emotion, but it carries widespread costs for families, businesses, the health system and society.
These costs add up to $1billion posing a challenge that only increases with our ageing population.
Violet guides people through the last stages of a loved one’s life. By helping people be better prepared for what tomorrow may bring, they can become more resilient to the vulnerabilities of this stage of life. We deliver targeted and complementary non-clinical support for the caregivers of people in the last stage of their life, supporting acceptance, planning and communication.
About the Role
The Learning & Development (L&D) Consultant is a key role, at a key point in time: building a rigorous inhouse digital learning capability to lead the next phase of development as the organisation grows and scales over the coming years.
Given the size and start-up ethos of the organisation, this role will be responsible for the business implementation of developing and launching a growing portfolio L&D product experiences for our customers.
The role has the accountability to autonomously scope, design and set out to build the most appropriate learning product experiences (across all mediums) and support tools, that empower our customers staff to confidently and competently adopt the knowledge, skills and behaviours to improve their customer/caregiver experience(s) and outcomes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct Customer/Sector Training Needs Analysis and assess/identify learning audiences, needs, assumptions and dependencies in knowledge, skills or behaviours, as well as technology considerations.
- Scope, Design, Build and deliver/co-deliver learning experiences/modules that effectively develop, assess and embed the knowledge, skills and behaviours required.
- Schedule learning build and provide guidance as to roadmap timelines that informs change schedule and delivery dates
- Efficiently build effective walkthroughs and simulations for all system related changes using relevant software(s).
- Scope and design assessment methods and micro-learning tools that assesses effectiveness and allows our customer/stakeholder to continually embed learning post change/go-live
- Ongoing iteration and management of existing learning programs and experiences
- Apply the voice of the customer with project teams to advocate for and if necessary proactively identify and challenge assumptions about what happens today, knowledge, skills and behaviours that exist within the learning audience.
To be considered for this role, you should have the following attributes, skills and/or experience:
- Extensive experience in the research, scoping, design and build of learning experiences across all mediums and technologies (e-learn, simulations, video, digital classroom leader-led, classroom instructor led, self-paced, leader led, on the job tools, knowledge management resources) and customer engagement competencies for a frontline audience.
- Demonstrated understanding of training needs analysis, methodologies, technologies and moments of learning needs with the ability to choose the most effective learning/performance solution
- Intermediate to advanced skills in learning authoring, information design and media tools which results in the efficient delivery of high quality learning content.
- Well-developed internal consulting skills (Essential)
- Understanding/experience of healthcare and/or aged care setting (desirable)
- Proven ability to manage a volume of disparate work through to completion autonomously.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in effective stakeholder management
- Highly aligned with Violet’s culture and team values
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
The right candidate will demonstrate:
- High EQ
- Practical and communication-rich approach to solving business issues
- Proven track record in owning outcomes and driving delivery
- Proactive and friendly
- Track record of being comfortable in different workplace environments
- Collaborative and innovative
- Agility to respond