The Victorian Ambulance Union Incorporated (VAU) is seeking expressions of interest for an individual to perform the role of Industrial Officer on a permanent full-time basis.
The VAU is a newly formed not-for profit industrial association that presently represents over 4,700 members working across the both the emergency and non-emergency ambulance patient transport industries and is growing. We provide industrial and legal advice to its members in all matters relating to their employment and advocate for issues affecting the Ambulance Industry within Victoria before Government.
Key duties & responsibilities
As an Industrial Officer you will report to the Senior Industrial Officer and work within a team of Industrial Officers supporting the membership.
Key duties/functions required to be undertaken include:
- providing industrial and employment advice and assistance to members of the VAU;
- preparation of complex matters for court and tribunal hearings, including underpayment claims;
- advocacy on behalf of members in the Fair Work Commission, Court and Other Tribunals;
- preparing legal submissions for relevant government enquiries in relation to the Ambulance Industry;
- working with industry organisers/ VAU secondees, including delegating work to and receiving work from industry organisers; and
- representing the VAU in enterprise bargaining as occasion arises.
Industrial Officers will be expected to be available for weekend and evening work from time to time.
The successful applicant will have:
- juris doctor or equivalent law degree;
- minimum 2-3 years post admission experience with current practising certificate;
- industrial & employment advocacy experience;
- proven ability to work as part of a team;
- the capacity to be self-motivated and pursue complex matters, seeking guidance and assistance as required;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and legal research skills; and
- attention to detail, with the ability to review and assess lengthy and tedious documents.
Renumeration package includes:
- annual salary of $80,000 - $95,000 per year (dependent on experience) plus 12% superannuation;
- 6 weeks of annual leave plus 25% annual leave loading;
- 12 rostered days off per year;
- use of employer owned work vehicle OR payment of a car allowance.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact General Secretary, Danny Hill on 0419 965 856.