Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO) is the peak body for Aboriginal health and wellbeing in Victoria – the only one of its’ kind – with 32 Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations as Members. VACCHO Members support over 25,000 Aboriginal people in Victoria and combined are the largest employers of Aboriginal people in the state.
We are seeking a compassionate and committed individual to join our Population Health and Sector Development team. This roles core focus is to embed the role of ACCO aged care assessors and assessment services into the operations of participating Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs), Regional Assessment Services (RAS) Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation and Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACATs) so that Aboriginal people receive culturally safe aged care assessment.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing project plans to ensure that Aboriginal people receive culturally safe aged care assessment
- Consult with key stakeholders to;
- Identify and document workflows and processes, client journey mapping, culturally safe policies, procedures and interagency protocols
- Develop formal service agreement(s) between participating ACCOs, RAS and ACATs for the ongoing operations of assessment services
- Identify clinical governance needs and develop an appropriate framework for aged care assessment in the participating ACCOs considering the following 7 pillars:
- Clinical Effectiveness and Research
- Risk Management
- Education and Training
- Patient and Public Involvement
- Information and IT
- Staff Management
- Be accountable to the Unit Executive Director providing regular updates on progress against operational plan, specific “blockers” preventing progress and performance management issues within the team
- Model VACCHO’s values and support team members to do likewise
- Ensure the key principles of Culture and Kinship; Our Choice, Our Way; and Knowledge are embedded throughout your work and the work of your team
- Support the implementation of VACCHO’s strategic plan: On Solid Ground (2021-26), particularly the focus area of Quality of Life
Compliance with VACCHO Standards
- VACCHO is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait to apply for all positions advertised (Equal Opportunity Act 2010). We are committed to ensuring our workplace and member services support also reflect this.
- Everyone is welcome at VACCHO and candidates regardless of age, cultural background, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or religious affiliation are encouraged to apply.
- VACCHO is committed to welcoming and embracing the diversity of cultures, identities, gender, sex, and sexually diverse identities and expressions, experiences, beliefs, and values of all people. VACCHO believes in the right for all people to be treated with the respect and dignity at all times, and that all people who work for, govern or undertake work at or visit VACCHO should at all times feel safe and included at VACCHO.
- VACCHO requires all employees to comply with all work health and safety rules, regulations and relevant Codes of Practice (Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004).
- VACCHO requires employees to participate in and promote our quality control, risk management, safety and compliance systems. This includes participating in the development and application of VACCHO’s policies and procedures, as well as the identification, reporting and management of risks. This includes adherence to all VACCHO Quality Management System (QMS) ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- VACCHO requires employees to adhere to a Code of Conduct, including commitment to confidentiality and conflict of interest declarations.
Other Employment Related Information
- A National Police Records Check is required as a condition of employment
- A Working With Children Check is required
- A Victorian Drivers License is required. Travel is requirement of this position. This includes travel across Victoria and occasional inter-state travel
- VACCHO is a Smoke Free Workplace.
If this sounds like an opportunity you don’t want to miss, please apply by clicking Apply Now and send through a detailed cover letter and resume.
A position description is attached.