- Position : Full time, 12 months fixed term contract
- Salary : $70,413 to $75,761(based on skills & experience)
- Location : Chirnside Park
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve.
About the role
The position will:
- Work with Aboriginal clients, their families and an AOD Counsellor to support Care and Recovery Plans in supporting treatment
- Identify and assist in addressing the associated needs of families and dependent children
- Work closely with the catchment-based intake and assessment service, in providing a culturally responsive service
- Facilitate access to and reintegration from Adult and Youth specific such as Withdrawal services and Residential Rehabilitation Service where appropriate
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the values that underpin VACCA' vision and purpose and the capacity to take a leadership role in championing these internally and externally
- Demonstrated awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures, and commitment to continually build knowledge of such, along with a high level of awareness of the key issues which impact upon Aboriginal communities
- Sound understanding of the nature of complex trauma and historical effects on the Aboriginal Community due to loss of lands, displacement of Communities and removal of children which can contribute to an intergenerational passing on of trauma
- Knowledge and experience in working with Aboriginal people with AOD issues
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organisations, government departments and community service organisations
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the attached Position Description prior to applying.
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.