We are seeking a motivated IT Support & Systems Officer based in our Sydney office and servicing Parramatta and Canberra.
The ideal candidate must have a broad knowledge across a range of diverse systems and equally a positive attitude and a willingness to assist end users. You will be required to clearly and concisely communicate solutions across various mechanisms to stakeholders.
Occasionally, you will be required to travel to other states to provide support or assist with project roll outs, on a short-term basis.
About United Workers’ Union
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Administration within Office 365 and Azure
- Installation and management of Hyper-V / virtual operating systems, services and applications
- Administration within Exchange Online
- Administration of Active Directory DNS-DHCP-Group Policies
- Troubleshooting networking and Wi-Fi issues
- Administration of VOIP/PABX Systems
- Maintain routine backups and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain file and print services and troubleshoot issues
- Contribute to IT projects and roll outs
- Action technical support queries for United Workers Sydney, Paramatta and Canberra offices
- Action National technical support queries and provide solutions
- Contribute to a technical solutions database, create and maintain documentation
- Proactively manage a helpdesk system
Devices – Applications
- Deploy, configure and maintain Windows desktops, laptops, desktops and devices
- Maintain printers and liaise with external providers for solutions when required
- Maintain PBX phone system and l liaise with external providers for solutions when required
- Provide support for Microsoft Office and baseline Union applications
- Maintain and provide assistance in the use of Video Conference and Audio-Visual Systems
*Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary IT Qualification and Relevant Microsoft Certification, plus more than five years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience working within Office 365 and Azure
- Demonstrated experience with a large Active Directory, DHCP, DNS environment
- Demonstrated experience installation, configuration Hyper-V and VM Windows Server 2012-2016-2019
- Demonstrated experience with PBX and VOIP systems
- Demonstrated Experience working with central Virus Systems
- Applied knowledge of application, OS deployment and group policies
- Applied knowledge of WAN Environments, Firewalls, and Networking
- Willingness to travel to other offices in Australia when required
- Willingness to assist with the occasional weekend project roll out
- A passion and commitment to the Union’s values
- Experience in Meraki Wi-Fi management
- Experience working with Avaya PBX
- Understanding of Sophos Virus Management
To perform this job you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- A valid driver’s licence; and
- Right of Entry Permits
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience
- 16% superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave with an additional 25% leave loading
Enquires about the position may be directed to ITJobs@unitedworkers.org.au.