The successful candidate will join a busy IT Team who require a team member to cover helpdesk support both locally at our Adelaide Office and remotely. The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude, a willingness to assist others and a commitment to ensuring IT support is maintained at a high level. You will be required to clearly and concisely relay solutions across various communication mechanisms and in person.
About United Workers’ Union
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Action technical support queries for United Workers Adelaide and Darwin offices
- Action National technical support queries, provide solutions or escalate when required
- Contribute to a technical solutions database, create and maintain documentation
Devices – Applications
- Provide end user support and training for computers, devices, printers, communications and applications
- Install, configure, deploy and maintain Windows desktops, laptops and devices
- Maintain a iPhone mobile phone fleet
- Provide support for Microsoft Office and baseline Union applications
- Maintain and assist in the use of Video Conference and AV equipment
- Create and maintain accounts in Active Directory and other platforms
- Create mailboxes, modify email lists and troubleshoot low level issues
- Assist with troubleshooting networking issues
- Assist with server hardware installation and monitoring
- Maintain routine backups and troubleshoot issues
- Create, configure accounts within an onsite phone system
- Maintain file and print services and troubleshoot issues
- Apply updates to servers/applications when required
The successful applicant will ensure that the Union’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion are upheld and promoted.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant IT Microsoft certification or tertiary qualification or TAFE qualification
- More than two years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical solutions to a diverse range of end users
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and troubleshooting user accounts within Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience in setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows 7/10 PCs
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and simple troubleshooting of email accounts within Exchange server or Office 365.
- Demonstrated experience working with backup, print and windows file server management
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting technical hardware, printer and software issues
- Demonstrated experience in modern Microsoft productivity tools, particularly within the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good understanding of networking including TCP/IP and DNS
- Positive attitude and dedication to assisting others with technical solutions
- Work well independently and productively within a small team
- Interested in learning new technologies
- Willingness to travel to other offices in Australia when required
- Willingness to assist with the occasional weekend project roll out
- Administering VOIP Phone Systems
- Sophos Antivirus systems
- Understanding of Office 365 environments
- Understanding of Hyper-V and guest virtual server environments
- Video Conference Systems and applications
- Meraki WiFi networks
- HP Aruba/Procurve network switches
To perform this job, you may also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- A valid driver’s licence; and
- A Right of Entry Permit
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
- 16% superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave with an additional 25% leave loading