- Psychologist or Mental Health Social Worker or Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist
- Attractive salary + Generous salary packaging benefits + some WFH
headspace Penrith and Mount Druitt, run by Uniting, aims to reduce the burden of disease in young people aged 12-25 years caused by mental health and related substance use disorders through early identification and effective, evidence-based intervention.
The Youth Access Team Clinician position focuses on completion of intake and assessment of young people presenting to headspace, determine suitability of the program and to co-ordinate care for young people within the consortium. This includes ensuring treatment goals are met and adjusting provisions to help the young person meet their identified needs and goals.
As the Youth Access Team Clinician, your role includes but is not limited to:
- To promote the principles of early intervention, including establishing links with stakeholders and maintaining/strengthening these links
- To maintain and promote an awareness of young people’s primary health issues in the community e.g. GP’s, Service Providers
- To provide care co-ordination to young people to assist them in achieving the goals and action outlined in their care/management plan
- To develop a systems-based approach to young people, as well as actively facilitate the provision of appropriate services across the full range of government and non-government agencies and individuals.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mental Health Nursing, Nursing, Psychology Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- AHPRA Registration or eligibility with AASW
- Demonstrated experience of clinical practice within the mental health field (includes clinical placements and relevant volunteer work such as Lifeline).
- Demonstrated ability to provide triage and assessment of individuals with preference for assessment skills in a mental health setting.
- Demonstrated ability to provide evidence-based clinical practice
- Willingness to collaboratively plan and coordinate a comprehensive bio-psycho-social approach and interventions to meet the needs of consumers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and to contribute to a culture of hope, optimism and recovery for adult consumers and their families/ significant others.
To Apply, click the Apply Now button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
We offer an attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Youth Access Team Clinician enquiry via EthicalJobs.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.