At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
With over 10,000 employees and volunteers working across more than 300 sites, our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, community services and chaplaincy.
About the role:
The therapeutic practitioner provides therapeutic family casework services using the Functional Family Therapy (FFT)-Child Welfare (CW) model to families referred by Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) where there is physical abuse and neglect of a child aged 0-17 years. These children are considered to be at high risk of further escalation in the child protection system and entry into Out of Home Care (OOHC).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the FFT-CW model consultants and DCJ you will carry a case load and deliver in the in-home services in line with the FFT-CW to families
- Deliver services in a culturally inclusive and respectful manner to Aboriginal families and to families who come from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Contribute positively to the development of collaborative partnerships with DCJ in the region, and with other key organisations.
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Social Work or Psychology, or a related Bachelor’s Degree and three year or more relevant clinical casework experience with children and families in a child protection setting.
- Willing to be trained and participate in all activities associated with the FFT-CW model.
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and the ability to identify and address these issues with families when required.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities across our varied service streams
- Work within an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the communities in which they live
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free.