About the opportunity
Located in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie Region, an exciting opportunity exists for a Team Leader to join Uniting Home and Community Care on an 18 month closed period contract.
You will be responsible for providing one on one guidance and support to a team of aged care community employees across the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region.
Key responsibilities include;
- Motivating, mentoring and managing a team of Support Workers that provide services to aged care clients in their own home
- Monitoring the standards of service provided so that staff performance, training and mentoring requirements are adequately monitored and communicated, resulting in job satisfaction and retention of staff
- Conducting service satisfaction audits in the client homes whilst maintaining the support worker’s confidence
- Certificate IV in training and assessment
- Experience or knowledge of Allied Health or Community Aged Care Services
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with access to a fully comprehensive insured vehicle
- Certificate IV in Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Community Services or equivalent qualification OR working towards (desirable but not essential)
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks.