About the opportunity
We require Support Worker/Care Workers to work morning, afternoon and night shifts, working collaboratively together in our Respite Cottage. This role is responsible for enhancing the residents’ well-being inclusive of their physical, psychological, social and spiritual qualities, to facilitate self-determination, capacity and resilience, as well as improve social engagement and quality of life for the resident.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing a wide range of personal care services to residents
- Supervise daily hygiene – showers or baths, shaving, cutting nails; lay out clothes and assist in dressing; make beds and tidy rooms; store clothes and clean wardrobes
- Assist and support residents with medication utilising medication compliance aids; simple wound dressing, etc.
- Assist with meals and feeding
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in condition of residents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Flu Vaccination
- Certified in Medication Administration
- Great organisation and time management skills
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
- Salary packaging entitlements of up to $15900 tax free income
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities