About the opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our friendly, supportive and dynamic Sydney Central Home and Community Care team on a permanent full-time basis. The role is based in Lilyfield with clients across the Inner West and South East Sydney.
Due to continued growth within our region, our allied health team is also growing and we are looking for an OT to work with our Home Care Package (HCP) clients and Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) clients referred to the Home Maintenance and Modification Service.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Activities of daily living assessments within the client’s home
- Equipment prescription
- Home modification reports
- Health promotion activities and advice
- Liaison with the broader Sydney Central team to ensure client goals are met and have a focus on wellness and reablement.
Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in Occupational Therapy and current registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
- Current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) registration
- Demonstrated experience in assessment, planning and evaluating interventions
- A commitment to best practice and continuous improvement
- Current First Aid or willingness to obtain
- Current Australian Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle
- Previous experience working in an Aged Care environment
- An understanding of the services and funding available to older people in the community
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and be confident working autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise competing workloads and tasks
- Proficient in using computer applications including Microsoft office, client/data management systems and a willingness to learn new programs
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & career development opportunities
- Salary Packaging for permanent employees (visit Advantage Salary Packaging for more information)
- Paid travel entitlements
- Discounts with select retailers
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
For enquiries, please contact Marnie Darlington on email@example.com, using the subject line: Occupational Therapist enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check and reference checks.