About the Opportunity
The Doorways for Men and Couples with Children program in Campbelltown are looking for an experienced caseworker to join their team on a full-time basis until 31st May 2022.
This role operates within a support service`shop front’ to provide information, referral, outreach, crisis and case management services through proactive strengths-based casework and home visits; that are driven by the needs and issues encountered by men with children and couples with children experiencing or at risk of homelessness in the Macarthur, Camden and Wollondilly regions.
The aim of your work is to assist families to resolve risk factors, so they remain living together in safe and healthy homes.
As the Caseworker you will:
- You will provide information, crisis support, advocacy and referral for Men with children and couples with children
- Provide flexible client-centred, strengths-based time limited casework for men and couples with children, addressing a range of issues including accommodation, abuse, drug and alcohol use, unemployment, mental health, domestic violence, education and parenting.
- You will follow the Trauma Informed Framework with the referred men and their families to establish level of risk and/or identify their strengths.
- Assess crisis situation the men and their family is experience and establish a clear case plan in collaboration with them in a holistic case management approach.
- Develop one-on-one working relationships with men and their families to meet their immediate and longer-term accommodation needs, and enhance their social living and community skills.
- To support, including motivate and coach men and their families through clear communication in decision making, self-manage situations/crisis to support their further development support to independency.
- Work in collaboration with other staff/agencies strengthening connections and network with accommodation providers in the Macarthur, Wollondilly areas and beyond, to develop strong partnerships ensuring a flexible and comprehensive service delivery to men and their families.
- Identify and maintain a range of accommodation brokerage options for men and their families in the Macarthur and Wollondilly areas, including crisis support.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences and at least 2 years demonstrated relevant work experience with men and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues impacting on homeless men and couples with children.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive, honest and productive relationships with young people and families. Demonstrated experience in developing a support plan, provide casework support and follow up.
- Ability to provide effective assessment and referral for a variety of issues and facilitate men and couples with children access to services that will meet their needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to services driven by the needs of young people.
- Ability to initiate and develop positive connections with relevant agencies, programs and services in local communities.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Current drivers licence and willingness to use own or private vehicle (with comprehensive insurance) for work related travel if required, and willingness to transport service users.
Should you have any questions, please contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team on; 0466 801 937 / email@example.com, using the subject line: Men with Families Caseworker enquiry via EthicalJobs, for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.