About the role
- Full time, closed period contract until 30 December 2022 - 35 hours per week.
Do you want to utilise your early childhood skills and experience to make a difference for disadvantaged and vulnerable children and their families. Do you want to pursue your passion to work more directly with families and extend your expertise in working with the community?
An exciting professional development opportunity is on offer for a new Early Learning Linker to work within the Early Learning team.
In this role you will focus on increasing the number of vulnerable children 3-5 years accessing and having sustained engagement in Early Childhood Education, as well as providing parenting support. The target cohort will include CALD (including refugee & asylum seekers) families, Aboriginal families, children and parents with a disability, young parents and those from low socio economic backgrounds as well as other social disadvantages.
Your responsibilities will be varied and you will draw upon your experience to work with children, families, educators, health, education and other agencies. You will be challenged and extended but you will always make a difference!
Want to know more? click on the below links:
Vietnamese -Early Learning Linker
Arabic - Early Learning Linker
English - Early Learning Linker
As a Linker you will:
- Work cooperatively with families to identify barriers to engagement, locate & visit quality early learning services and assist with transition into the service
- Develop practical strategies with parents and centres to sustain enrolment
- Advocate and link families to additional support services as needed
- Deliver evidence based in-home parenting program (training provided)
- Support Early Childhood Educators in working with child/family needs
- Be based in Fairfield with flexible work arrangements.
- Qualifications in Early Childhood (minimum Diploma level) and a minimum of 3 years work experience with children and families
- Demonstrated experience working with, and understanding of the challenges faced by children and families experiencing disadvantage including disability, CALD, refugees, asylum seekers, mental health conditions, low socio-economic, and ATSI.
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and willingness to work with families where there are child protection concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain relationships and work cooperatively with colleagues, early education services and other health and community service providers.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a multi-functional team.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (including possibility of some out of hours work) to meet the needs of families and communities as required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, time management skills, flexibility, ability to handle crises, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Current drivers licence and Working with Children’s Check
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year
For questions about the role or to find out more please contact Soraya Kauhiva firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Early Learning Linker enquiry via EthicalJobs or 0466 867 721.