About the opportunity
Uniting Counselling and Mediation has a long history of high quality service delivery, being well regarded and connected with Family Law stakeholders. You will be leading a team of Family Counsellors and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners in the delivery of a suite of post-separation services, including innovative telehealth and digital options, child inclusive practice, and psycho-educational and therapeutic groups for children, young people and adults.
This position is offered on a full-time basis and is based in the Parramatta CBD.
- Through leadership and management of Uniting Counselling and Mediation Parramatta, you’ll ensure that the vision, philosophy and day-to-day practice meets the needs of children, young people and families throughout the family life cycle and in particular separation.
- Collaborate with other Uniting Centre Managers across the regions to provide programs that demonstrate child inclusive practice.
- Lead an integrated delivery service model for services and programs delivered from the Centre.
- Collaborate with Uniting FDR, Counselling and Child Inclusion Practice Specialists to ensure best practice service delivery, as well as adherence to legislative requirements by programs delivered from the Centre.
- Ensure all team members have access to operational and clinical supervision in the delivery and provision of appropriate services, including services according to the provisions of the Family Law Act.
- Using the cultural and linguistic community diversity profile relevant to the Centre, maintain and develop strategies so that the programs delivered are responsive to client needs.
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, Psychology, or Social Work or other equivalent and relevant field.
- 5 years’ experience in Social Welfare and Human Services Sector.
- 2 years’ experience and high level skills in management, including budgets, physical resources and administration.
- Demonstrated high level clinical supervision skills, especially in relation to working therapeutically with families post-separation.
- Knowledge and ability to undertake Family Dispute Resolution or Counselling/ Case Management dependent upon area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to translate identified needs into responsive outcome focused services.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and evaluate projects and services.
- Do you want to be supported in bringing your best self to work? Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
- Do you thrive on a challenge and enjoy doing something different every day? You can exercise choice through our culture of continuous conversations, and have a voice in our diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Do you believe leadership is not just a role but a decision that we make every day? As a leader, you’ll have access to our “Leading With Heart” leadership development program.
- Do you want to increase your disposable income by reducing the tax you pay? As a Uniting employee you can package up to $15,900 from your salary for every day purchases, and up to $2650 for entertainment purposes.
- If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organisation excites you, then click APPLY now to get your application started!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.