About the opportunity
This role provides assessment, Intensive Home Visiting, crisis management, and longer term casework as per the Homebuilders Model to families at high risk of having their children removed into care for protective concerns or having their children restored to their care.
This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis and is based at our Uniting offices in Coffs Harbour.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences with relevant life and/or work experience with children and families.
- Willing to be trained in the Homebuilders® Model
- Demonstrated commitment to children remaining with their own family provided they are safe.
- The ability to assess and work with families to strengthen attachment and bonding between a parent and child
- Demonstrated ability to engage families in crisis and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals, using a variety of intervention strategies from the Homebuilders® Model
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and an ability to conduct risk and family assessments using strengths based approach
- Experience in supporting Aboriginal families in providing Culturally sensitive Interventions.
- Experience in the NSW Child Protection system.
- This role works intensively with families and as such it is expected that staff will work their 35 hour week with some hours outside normal working hours (7am to 9pm), including weekends.
- Be available to participate in an on-call roster
- A current drivers licence is essential along with the willingness to transport families and children
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We work together to ensure that every employee can be the best they can be. We value you and will support you in your life and in your career by:
- Supplying ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue improve and learn new skills
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- Providing an attractive salary which is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience plus super with Not for Profit Salary Packaging also available
- Offering an accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organisation excites you, then click APPLY now to get your application started!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.