About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic Casework Support Worker to join our program in Dubbo on a Permanent Full-time basis.
As a Casework Support Worker you will provide direct day-to-day support to caseworkers and contribute to keeping children, young people and families safe by undertaking tasks which support case planning, referrals and appointments and day to day team priorities.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or currently studying a related community sector direct service delivery field.
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and the ability to identify and address these issues with families when required
- Experience in the direct care of children and young people.
- Knowledge and understanding of child/adolescent behaviour and development.
- Experience working with children and families, preferably within a casework model
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of families as required
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with colleagues (internal and external)
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a multifunction team
- Proven computer skills including word processing, accessing emails and internet
- Current driver’s licence and willingness to transport families
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, time management skills, flexibility, ability to handle crises, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sound knowledge of the issues involved in working with families and children who are Aboriginal or from diverse cultures and linguistic backgrounds.
Benefits & Culture
We work together to ensure that every employee can be the best they can be. We value you and will support you in your life and in your career by:
- Offering ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- Providing an attractive annual salary plus superannuation and Salary Packaging also available
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks