- Inspiring and connecting, imagining and doing - join Uniting as we take real steps to make the world a better place
- Be part of a passionate and collaborative team advocating for children, young people, carers and families
About Uniting’s Permanency Support Program
- The Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child/young person a loving home, whether that be with parents, family, extended family or through guardianship, adoption or quality long term care
- We provide culturally supported placement options for children and young people 0-18 years of age
- PSP also provides a ‘light touch’ Aftercare service for young people 18-25 years who have left foster care and for the next 4 years will collaborate with Uniting’s Extended Care Pilot program team to provide holistic support to young people using the Advantage Thinking approach.
About the role
- This role is responsible for advising and implementing best practice approaches for our most complex children and young people with an emphasis on trauma informed care and managing challenging behaviour while also prioritising outcomes for permanency and restoration.
- In this role you will need to meet funding, performance and practice requirements, ethical and professional standards as well as community and stakeholder expectations within PSP.
- For more details refer to the attached job description.
- Strong advocate for children, young people and families
- Skilled decision maker for children’s best interests underpinned by a demonstrated commitment to hearing the voices of children and young people
- Leader in intensive therapeutic casework for children with complex needs
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Committed to compliance - legal, government and policy
- Good record keeping
Benefits and culture
Working to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice brings its own rewards, but there’s more
- Welcoming you exactly as you are
- Work you’ll be proud of
- You’ll have access to a range of support and opportunities including -
- Salary-packaging options
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular supervision, support and team meetings