- Inclusive and diverse organisation
- Permanent Full Time
- Leichhardt Sydney South East Regional Office
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
About the opportunity
To provide general administration support to the Capital Works team, reporting directly to the Capital Works Manager, to enable the streamlined delivery of all projects.
- To support the Capital Works team support activities to expedite the effective delivery of projects and general operations
- To create, receive, review, and process purchase orders and invoices for capital works projects and support 2 x Delivery Managers in this functionality as required for overflow during peak periods.
- To coordinate contracts, contract signing, and contract database for projects
- To manage Sharepoint and Workflow Processes for the Capital Works Team
- To coordinate Capital Works team function meetings including the maintenance of records from these meetings.
- Coordination of Capital Works team timesheets on a monthly basis to allow capitalisation of costs.
- Calendar management for project resource scheduling.
Qualifications & Skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and effective relationship building skills with associated team members, administrative colleagues, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- High-level attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet predetermined timeframes.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Intermediate computer literacy and competency in major administration software packages particularly Dynamics 365, MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and Adobe.
- Ability to learn quickly and anticipate requirements of the team being supported such that they are supported before necessarily providing direction.
- Minimum 3 years of high level administrative or project coordination support experience.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in project/administrative coordination.
- Demonstrated experience in minute-taking, either shorthand or computerised.
- Previous experience in contributing to quality improvement and best practices.
- Desirable – Experience/knowledge of the aged care and property development industry.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Work as part of a dynamic, engaged Property Development Team
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent Salary Packaging benefits available
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check, reference checks, and working with children checks.
Questions? No problem, please contact Louise Massie - Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Capital Works Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs, or call 0468 341 590