- Best practice, in-house, ethical face-to-face fundraising
- Help build the movement to protect Australia's wild natural places
- Receive an hourly living wage of $26.38 and performance bonuses
- Work with a team of fun, social fundraisers who share a genuine passion for nature
Our brilliant team has limited places for passionate and driven individuals to be at the forefront of growing the movement to protect nature and act on climate change.
The Wilderness Society is a grassroots environmental not for profit organisation, building a people-powered movement to protect and restore Australia's pristine natural places. We are proudly independent, meaning we are powered by everyday Australians, allowing us to always speak for nature first. We are dedicated to the protection and restoration of nature and wildlife within Australia.
As a Wilderness Defender, you will be on the frontline inspiring the public to fund and support our incredible campaigns. Working in various shopping centres, street, and event locations across Brisbane each week, you will approach and engage members of the public to discuss the most urgent issues of our time, and inspire people to join the movement as regular donors to the Wilderness Society.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Be:
- A confident, social person who enjoys communicating with different types of people
- A self-starter who is driven, motivated, and goal orientated
- Over 18 years old
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 full days each week, Monday through Sunday
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of a valid working visa
- Passionate about the protection and conservation of Australia's natural world!
What We Offer Our Face To Face Fundraisers:
- A great starting wage with added performance bonuses, meaning your hard work is valued!
- Flexible full and part-time working hours, so you can work on a schedule that suits you
- The chance to work with a team of fun, social fundraisers who share a genuine passion for nature
- The opportunity to make a real change by being part of one of the oldest independent environmental groups in Australia!
- Are you over 18 years of age?
- Are you an Australian or New Zealand permanent resident, or do you have a current work visa that is valid?
- Are you able to commit to at least 3 shifts of 6 hours a week, Monday to Friday?
If you are able to answer yes to all of the above questions, we invite you to apply by clicking Apply Now.
Be a Voice For Nature.