- Maternity leave replacement - six months, with potential to extend on a part-time basis to a permanent role.
- The position is offered either part-time or full-time, based on experience.
- Salary from $73K (equivalent full-time), based on experience.
This inspiring role will suit a person with excellent communication skills and the ability to plan, create and manage high-impact fundraising campaigns from beginning to end.
You’ll develop and implement fundraising campaigns with specific objectives, themes and timelines, with the aim of achieving budgeted income. You will also be the steward of our supporter and donor community, identifying key opportunities to grow our supporter base and strengthen donor engagement.
You are a compelling storyteller who inspires audiences to action, and you’re a whiz with direct marketing.
You have experience developing and delivering regular, well-planned fundraising campaigns on time and within budget. You understand donor dynamics, and you enjoy solving problems and sorting all the loose ends to produce fundraising campaigns that supporters want to share and talk about.
You are hooked on data and Customer Relationship Management systems to analyse performance and results; you’re always looking for ways to increase reach and impact.
And you’re a fan of nature. The idea of using your skills to help protect the world’s unique and beautiful wildlife and natural places is the dream gig you’ve been waiting for.
Experience in the not-for-profit / conservation sector would be an advantage, as well as the availability to start immediately.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL
- Develop and implement three-to-four fundraising campaigns annually; coordinate end-to-end project management of campaigns, producing targeted electronic direct mail, and campaign social media communications.
- Coordinate campaign tracking, report on campaign activities, monitor key metrics and implement improvements where applicable; respond to insights in order to reach new supporters and increase donor conversion and meet giving targets.
- Develop donor engagement strategies to reduce donor attrition, nurture the Foundation’s supporter community, and engage stakeholders and new supporters; review, improve and innovate direct marketing activities in line with key opportunities.
- Lead all digital communications to the Foundation’s donors; plan and develop quality communications, including impact updates for monthly givers and major donors; develop resources such as welcome packs and ‘thank you’ resources, to encourage regular giving.
- Be proactive and flexible as part of a collaborative approach to organisational fundraising. Manage all fundraising activity through TGLF digital channels, including MailChimp, the website and MyCause.
- Coordinate content and make changes and updates to The Thin Green Line Foundation’s website to align information to current campaigns, and communicate TGLF’s stories to prospective supporters and potential partner organisations.
SELECTION CRITERIA (the Essential Criteria)
As the successful applicant, you will demonstrate:
- A proven track record in the development, delivery and evaluation of successful multi-channel fund-raising campaigns.
- Experience in planning and implementing successful donor retention and acquisition strategies tailored to the organisation’s unique position.
- Ability to gather market intelligence from diverse sources and use this information to maximise campaign results.
- Excellent written communication skills and experience in digital communications including electronic Direct Mail and web site curation.
- Experience developing engaging online and print resources and the ability to brief designers.
Preferred Selection Criteria
- Experience in identifying media opportunities, fostering organisational ambassadors and media partners.
- 3+ years’ fundraising experience with a focus on content development and digital marketing.
- Experience in planning and coordinating events will be an advantage.
IN RETURN WE’RE OFFERING
- Flexibility in working hours and the opportunity to work regularly from home. This role can be partly remote. The office is located in Balnarring, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria.
- Four weeks of personal leave (pro-rata) accruing progressively throughout the period of appointment.
- A flexible role in a highly motivated, collaborative and inclusive team with diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Amazing opportunities to expand your understanding and impact in the not-for-profit conservation sector through the Foundation’s activities, networks and global partnerships.
ABOUT THE THIN GREEN LINE FOUNDATION
We are a grassroots organisation dedicated to protecting endangered species and threatened ecosystems by supporting wildlife rangers across the globe.
We believe that by Protecting Nature's Protectors - rangers on the front line of conservation - we can help create local, long term solutions to global environmental challenges.
The Thin Green Line works in over 30 countries in partnership with the International Ranger Federation. The Foundation was established in 2007 by Australian Ranger, Sean Willmore.
Find out more https://thingreenline.org.au/.
Please send any enquiries about this position to Tim Schneider, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Fundraising & Marketing Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.