This maximum-term role requires a clear understanding of the community service sector along with a sound knowledge of issues relating to aged care, and younger people with a disability.
- Work as part of a dedicated Community Services Team
- Facilitate projects and assists in community sector consultation and program delivery
- Ensures information on available services to new retirees and community groups to enable them to make informed decisions on their health and well-being
- Assists the Community Services Team to build programs for the aged and those with disabilities
- Requires a well-developed ability to use initiative, think laterally and strategically
- Strong communication skills, ability to cope with competing demands and support volunteers
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $29.33 per hour with competency-based increments up to $33.61 per hour, plus 9.5% super
- 28 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday
- Initial placement to 30 June 2021, with further 12 month extensions, to a maximum of June 2023, subject on funding availability, performance and operational needs.
We are seeking:
- Prior experience in a project support role
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Community Care or similar and demonstrated experience working in aged or disability care in the community
- Hold a current Driver's Licence
- Ability to interpret legislation and develop sound working relationships
- Respond and adapt to competing priorities whilst working unsupervised
- Underpinning knowledge and experience working with the aged in the community service environment
- An eagerness to grow and develop your career in the aged care, community service environment
- Knowledge of the aged care industry, regulations and funding
- Ability to problem-solve, make decisions within guidelines
Where it's located:
This position is based in Tweed Heads (10 minutes south Gold Coast Airport), and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Monday 25 January 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
A position description is attached.