We are looking for a passionate Youth Worker to provide practical and emotional support to young people who are homeless and in crisis. You will refer service to relevant community service providers, provide a safe, secure and clean environment for the client group in a 24 hours accommodation and work in a team relationship with all staff.
- Develop a co-operative relationship with all staff members, to ensure an effective team approach to program implementations and service delivery;
- Develop a co-operative relationship with the clients ensuring that each client is treated with respect, dignity and confidentiality;
- Inform the Team Leader/Case Manager of any critical incidents and other information that they require to effectively manage their responsibilities;
- Work in Conjunction with other Staff to ensure the Supported Accommodation Assistance Program (SAAP) runs effectively on a day to day basis;
- Provide direct support to clients using a case management framework;
- Ability to use active listening skills, make an assessment on a crisis situation and use crisis intervention principles including conflict resolution within the community;
- Assist clients to develop or re-establish appropriate family and social networks;
- Participate in annual planning and evaluation of the Supported Accommodation Assistance Program;
- Provide safe, clean environment for the client group ensuring safety and maintenance of equipment;
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relating to security, clients service, data collections and financial management;
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate appropriate life skills and other programs for clients;
- Monitor client appointments and outings ensuring all are returned by agreed time;
- Participate in the collection of data and report writing;
- Ability to use a computer for basic report writing and activity preparation;
- Maintain records of the activities (eg SAMIS, Daybook, incident reports, phone messages) undertaken in this position providing reports at changeover and to the Management team as required;
- Attend meetings as requested by the Manager;
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management;
- Work within the evidenced-based principles of Trauma Informed Care and Practice model.
- To work in a co-operative manner with all staff, volunteers and other persons involved at The Salvation Army Youth Refuge;
- To be committed to a continuing process of personal development;
- To demonstrate a non-judgemental approach to all people;
- To be aware of the right to privacy of all clients and of the need for confidentiality in relation to all aspects of the operation of the centre.