Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army (TSA) is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians find hope during all kinds of personal hardship. TSA offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Our research and evaluation activities aim to provide insights about issues affecting the people that we support to inform our practice and advocacy and to provide evidence that leads to best-practice and continuing improvement of TSA services.
We are seeking a values-driven and dedicated Senior Research Associate reporting to the Executive Manager, Research and Outcomes Measurement. You will project-manage, conduct and/or supervise small groups of researchers to design, implement and manage research and evaluation projects within The Salvation Army Mission Department. Interested candidates must demonstrate strong qualitative and quantitative research/evaluation skills and experience in guiding/mentoring other team members in delivering best-practice research/evaluation.
This is a permanent full-time position based in Redfern, NSW or Blackburn, VIC.
You will successfully
- Manage projects and tasks to a high standard to assist the Manager in execution of in-house and external research, evaluation and outcomes measurement projects.
- Conduct and/or mentor other team members in delivering field works, focus group, workshop, training and interviews and surveys as relevant to the assigned projects. This include in-person and online/remote works.
- Research, evaluation and outcome measurement designs, planning, implementations and reporting are conducted according to best practice
- Develop program logic/theory of change for diverse services in The Salvation Army Mission Department.
- Interpret data, analyse results using quantitative/statistical and qualitative methods to provide meaningful insights into PRSJ and frontline services.
- Provide appropriate direction, guidance and supports are received by the geographically-diverse team members so they can deliver high quality projects and deliverables
- Analyse and synthesise qualitative and quantitative data and research findings
- Collect quality data according to funding bodies and organisation's requirement in a way that support the use of data for analysis and learning
- Identify, document, address and report issues and concerns affecting team member's and/or teams overall ability to deliver high-quality work
- Build and maintain internal and external key relationships and partnerships
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
You will have
- At least 3 years' experience in qualitative and quantitative research in Australia, and in social program evaluation and/or outcomes/impact measurement
- At least 2 years' experience in providing research/evaluation, data analysis and report writing guidance to other team members
- Bachelor or Postdoctoral Degree in relevant fields, such as in Statistics, Health and Social Sciences, Community Services and Social Work, or similar qualifications
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks associated with research/evaluation projects
- Strong report writing and presentation skills, with ability to communicate complex research/evaluation/statistical findings to non-researchers
- Experience in facilitating focus groups, workshops and/or research interviews either in-person or remotely via phone, video conference, online platform.
- Experience in working for Not-for-profit organisations or prior volunteer experience in community and social justice related programs.
- Intermediate to advanced statistical level and experience using statistical packages to analyse large datasets (Excel, SPSS, R, SAS, etc)
- Willingness to travel to conduct field works and/or to meet with stakeholders as required.
- A valid Employee Working with Children
- A willingness to undergo a National Police Check
All applications must include a resume and cover letter.
For further enquiries please email email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Research Associate - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
What we offer
- As a registered not for profit organisation you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.