- Casual opportunities for Registered Nurses
- Be part of a culture that makes a daily difference in people's lives
- Leading not for profit aged care provider - access to salary packaging
- Angle Park SA 5010
START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role, we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
We currently have casual opportunities for Registered Nurses to join our multidisciplinary team at Linsell Lodge Aged Care Centre in Angle Park SA 5010. Linsell Lodge is a new purpose-built facility designed to provide a caring, warm environment to meet the needs of its 95 residents in a supportive and holistic environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the role of Registered Nurse, you will provide clinical supervision and be responsible for coordinating the delivery of safe, effective and individualised care to our care recipients and their families (including managing staff and physical resources) and assisting residents to lead an active and meaningful life as independently as possible in keeping with the Salvation Army's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Displays knowledge and demonstrates ability to complete relevant documentation in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care needs of residents.
- Maintains good clinical records and accurate documentation to ensure legal adequacy and the completion of ACFI requirements.
- Maintains appropriate ordering, management and administration of medications in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Complies with the conditions, amendments and regulations of related acts e.g. Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act 1996.
- Liaises with doctors and other health professionals and follows directions for administration of medications and treatments in accordance with legislative guidelines.
- Completes the necessary reports, Care Plans and other documentation required.
To be considered for this role, ideally we are looking for:
- An understanding, empathy, appreciation and the ability to promote the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Current unrestricted registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Demonstrated aged care experience, the ability to work as part of a team and promote education and leadership in aged care
- Understanding of and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Experience in developing care plans
- An understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards
- An understanding of Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI)
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated well developed computer and documentation skills
Registered Nurses at the Salvation Army Aged Care enjoy:
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging & meals and entertainment benefits (save on tax)
- Above Award wages
- Up to six weeks annual leave
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work arrangements supporting you to achieve work-life balance
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development to support you in your role
- Scholarships via Eva Burrows College
- Supported study options
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.