We are seeking experienced and passionate Registered Nurses with a background in aged care with committment to best care outcomes for our residents.
- Above Award Wages with salary packaging benefits
- Up to six weeks annual leave for permanent RNs
- Supportive professional team environment
We currently have casual positions available at our Rosedurnate Aged Care Centre in Parkes NSW 2870, for Registered Nurses, who are committed to providing excellence in care and the best possible quality of life to our residents.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the role of Registered Nurse at the Salvation Army Aged Care, you will provide clinical supervision and be responsible for coordinating the delivery of safe, effective and individualised care to our care recipients and their families (including managing staff and physical resources) and assisting residents to lead an active and meaningful life as independently as possible in keeping with the Salvation Army's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Displays knowledge and demonstrates ability to complete relevant documentation in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care needs of residents.
- Maintains good clinical records and accurate documentation to ensure legal adequacy and the completion of ACFI requirements.
- Maintains appropriate ordering, management and administration of medications in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Complies with the conditions, amendments and regulations of related acts e.g. Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act 1996.
- Liaises with doctors and other health professionals and follows directions for administration of medications and treatments in accordance with legislative guidelines.
- Completes the necessary reports, Care Plans and other documentation required.
To be considered for this role, ideally we are looking for:
- An understanding, empathy, appreciation and the ability to promote the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Current unrestricted registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Demonstrated aged care experience, the ability to work as part of a team and promote education and leadership in aged care
- Understanding of and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Experience in developing care plans
- An understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards
- An understanding of Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI)
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated well developed computer and documentation skills
Registered Nurses at the Salvation Army Aged Care enjoy:
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging & meals and entertainment benefits (save on tax)
- Above Award wages
- Up to six weeks annual leave (permanent RNs)
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work arrangements supporting you to achieve work-life balance
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development to support you in your role
- Scholarships via Eva Burrows College
- Supported study options
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and will be accepted until the position is filled. Job offers will be subject to a National Criminal History Check as per Police Certificate Guidelines for Aged Care Providers.