We are currently recruiting for a Psychologist, Provisional Psychologist or Social Worker for our Hunter region.
Wherever there is hardship or injustice, Salvos will live, love and fight alongside others to transform Australia one life at a time with the love of Jesus.
You will provide a range of specialist and generalist counselling/therapeutic services to job seekers with various mental health conditions and complex psycho-social needs, including drug and alcohol dependency.
Who are we?
Operating from 91 locations across Australia, Employment Plus is the largest NFP servicing the Federal Government's jobactive, Transition to Work and Disability employment services programs. Since 1998, our experienced employment teams have worked with over 200,000 businesses across Australia, placing well over half a million Australians into employment.
At Employment Plus we drive high performance with a forward thinking, results driven culture, that you will be proud to be a part of. If you're looking for a rewarding career that truly makes a difference to people's lives then we want to hear from you.
About the role:
- Conduct comprehensive psychological and vocational assessment for referred job seekers, including the use of appropriate psychological tests and assessment tools
- Provide therapeutic interventions to clients to address psychological barriers to obtaining employment, provide expert consultation to employment services staff and a range of services to employers
- Liaise with internal and external service providers to develop and maintain relevant links and networks to strengthen services for EPlus job seekers
- Effectively communicate with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures
- Knowledge and understanding of the theory underpinning evidence-based interventions and clinical practice as well as demonstrated excellence in the practical application of such. Expertise in the areas of youth mental health and alcohol and drug use is favourable.
- Previous experience working with people with various mental health conditions and complex psycho-social needs, including drugs and alcohol dependency
- Practical experience in the delivery of psychological services in a challenging and highly regulated environment
- Experience in complex clinical triage, assessment and referral
- Experience in managing people at risk, including suicide and violence risks
- Highly developed communication (including written) and interpersonal skills and ability to engage with vulnerable persons, advocate on their behalf and establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients, carers and stakeholders (knowledge of employment services and community services sector is highly desirable)
- Proactively develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships to facilitate the achievement of work goals
- An understanding of the role employment has in maintaining good mental and physical health
- Take ownership of actions, objectives and performance; driving tasks and projects through to completion
- High level of passion and energy that motivates others
- Must have current drivers licence, with the ability and flexibility to travel to Employment Plus sites
What we offer:
- Regular peer supervision and ongoing case consultation. Note that for 4+2 and 5+1 internship external board-approved supervision will need to be arranged.
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax free salary packaging benefits
Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA; Provisional or General registration) or current full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), as well as a Working with Children Check is mandatory for this role.
If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to this challenging yet rewarding role, we invite you to submit your CV along with the covering letter telling us why you think you are the best person for the role via the link below. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a police check; it is not mandatory to have a clear criminal history.
Employment Plus is an equal employment opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds. We provide an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of our people. Employment Plus is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the well-being of children and young people and protecting them from harm.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.