- Permanent full time position
- Based in Surry Hills
- Utilise your skills and experience and join the team
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
As the Program Manager you will develop and manage client-centred service delivery, operations and people of the Oasis Accommodation Services to ensure safe, culturally appropriate therapeutic casework, housing and homelessness services for young people referred to the programs.
Service Delivery Operations:
- Ensure services are inclusive, accessible and responsive for our diverse clients
- Delivery of state agendas and operational/local plans aligned to national agendas
- Oversight of practice and service delivery
- Establish program specific systems and processes for service delivery and review regularly
- Manage services in accordance with funding body or contractual requirements and guidelines and service standards
- Development and management of program budgets and finances
- Responsibility for all operational aspects of the program including financial management, property and assets
- Manage risks in service delivery
- Implement client complaints process, including oversight of incidents, complaints & feedback, and management of complex or referred issues/incidents
Workforce Management and Development:
- Line management & supervision of team leaders
- Ensure recruitment of quality & qualified workers
- Ensure staffing and rostering schedules enable effective and efficient service delivery
- Morale and culture - set and maintain a positive, inclusive constructive culture
- Training and development of workforce - identify needs and gaps of workforce in line with strategy
- Resolution and management of workforce issues such as performance management, conduct or disciplinary issues
- Development of the workforce including developing leadership capability
- Health and Safety of the workforce and service users
Strategic Service Delivery Planning and Development:
- Lead and drive local growth strategy
- Ensure voice of client is heard in planning, service design and continuous quality improvement activities
- Implement and embed national practice frameworks/models
- Regular planning for service models/standards to achieve outcomes that meet the needs of service users
- Evaluation of service delivery through collection and analysis of service delivery data and feedback
- Identify and respond to service gaps or trends identified through data and evaluation
- Look for opportunities to deliver new support services and contribute and assist in business development and tendering
- Lead continuous quality improvement
- Plan for compliance accreditation requirements and support accreditation assessments
- Identify trends in practice in sector
Sector Involvement / Partnerships:
- Building, maintaining and evaluating collaborative relationships with external and internal partners
- Identify and develop referral pathways with internal or external agencies to TSA
- Representation of TSA at relevant forums
- Participation in Area Leadership Teams
- Active participation in sector, peak bodies and training or development opportunities
Required experience and qualifications:
- Extensive experience in youth services, specialist homelessness services and/or relevant experience in a related social service environment
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading and supervising staff in a social services context.
- Degree qualification in social work, welfare, community development or related field OR demonstrated high level of sector knowledge and skills attained through previous appointments, service and study/development
- Working with Children Check (where required)
- National Police Check
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the well being of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.