Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
PRAP, the Private Rental Assistance Program, is a preventative intervention that provides holistic support to households experiencing or at risk of homelessness. PRAP is intended to prevent or end homelessness and housing crisis.
There are many ways in which the program prevents or ends homelessness and housing crisis such as:
- Rapidly rehousing people capable of sustaining private rental after initial support
- Achieve outcomes that lead to successful, sustainable private rental tenancies by supporting at risk households to access and/or maintain affordable and appropriate housing in the private rental market
- Assisting people who currently live in crisis, transitional or social housing to become independent in the private rental market
- Generating and maintaining private rental access opportunities for clients
- Providing time-limited outreach intervention to support households living in or entering private rental tenancies, that require additional practical support to establish or maintain their housing
- Address issues which are contributing to the risk of tenancy breakdown
- Reduce preventable exits from private rental
PRAP are currently seeking a values-driven PRAP Broker Plus Worker with an essential working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997. Other key accountability areas include:
- Through an awareness of housing market features and forces, assist eligible households to access rental opportunities
- Through a client-led, strengths-based approach, apply a comprehensive assessment process
- Develop & maintain strong relationships with real estate agencies and landlords, as well as other bodies and 'first to know' agencies
- Educate and assist with private rental applications, including provision of practical tips to achieve and sustain a tenancy
- Attend pre-vacating inspections, addressing issues to prevent blacklisting on TICA (tenancy database)
- Develop a support plan with the client to address issues that are causing, or have the potential to cause, tenancy breakdown
- Brokerage documentation and administration
- Brokerage use is closely monitored for compliance with guidelines as well as achieving good client outcomes
This position is located at SalvoConnect Western, 70 Henna Street Warrnambool.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits, in addition to your remuneration (full and part time positions)
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
HOURS AND SALARY:
This is a full-time position, 38 hours per week fixed term to 30 June 2021.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry
Award 2010, Social stream, Level 5.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Diploma or above tertiary qualification in a relevant social work or human services field
- A working understanding of and experience in a human services environment
- Demonstrated ability to navigate service sectors and negotiate outcomes on behalf of others
- Client outreach experience demonstrating sound risk management practices and case management delivery is essential
- A working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 is essential to the role
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential
- Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND ENQUIRIES:
For a copy of the Position Description please contact email@example.com, using the subject line: Private Rental Assistance Program Broker Plus Worker enquiry via EthicalJobs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
For enquiries please contact Lindsay Stow on (03) 5564 9112