START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army Australia's Family Violence Stream provides a wide range of services around the country to support women and women with children impacted by family and domestic violence. We offer refuge, children's and parenting services, counselling, support, men's programs, accommodation and advice to women and children who are experiencing, or who have experienced, family violence.
The Mobile Outreach Worker is responsible and accountable for the delivery to women and their accompanying children affected by domestic and family abuse and/or experiencing homelessness to achieve housing stability, improve social inclusion and be equipped for participation in the wider community. Those activities include;
- To provide support and advocacy to women and children who have recently left refuge accommodation in order to assist them to re-establish their safety and independence in the community.
- To provide support and case management to individuals and families in the community who have/are experiencing family violence and at risk of homelessness.
- To provide information, advocacy and linkages into community supports and programs for clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with multiple and complex needs.
- To acquire and maintain a good working knowledge of accommodation and support options women and children within TSA and through external agencies.
- To promote family violence awareness within wider community.
Reporting to the Refuge Coordinator, this position is located at our Graceville Women's Refuge, Northbridge. However, intrastate travel will be a requirement of the role.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a part time position, 28.5 hours per week fixed term to December 2022.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 5.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Degree qualification in social work, social science, psychology, counselling or related field (desirable)
- Relevant degree with relevant experience; or associate diploma with substantial experience; or qualifications in more than one discipline; or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level
- Minimum 3 years' experience in complex case management and outreach support services.
- Experience in the family violence sector is an advantage.
- Experience with client advocacy and working in partnership with others.
- Strong comprehension and analytical skills and competencies.
- Strong written and reporting skills including data entry and electronic record keeping expertise.
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- A current WA Drivers Licence
- Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
POSITION DESCRIPTION and ENQUIRIES
Kristy Staples on 0429203041