START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Seeking an experienced and passionate Lifestyle Assistant with a background in aged care that is committed to best care outcomes for our residents.
- Above Award Wages with salary packaging benefits
- Up to five weeks annual leave
- Supportive professional team environment
We are currently seeking a bright, happy, kind and enthusiastic person to join our team in the role of Lifestyle Assistant at our Rosedurnate Aged Care Centre in Parkes NSW 2870.
This position is a permanent part time role working 20 hours per fortnight. Start and finish times can be flexible to suit your individual arrangements, upon agreement with management.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of recreational programs for our residents to promote their psychological, social, and physical wellbeing.
- The Lifestyle Assistant will assist in the preparation and implementation of a diverse range of recreational activities for residents that meet their individual needs, including group, small group and individual activities.
- Facilitate resident involvement and engagement in the planning of programs
- Assist in designing activities with consideration of the residents culture, history, likes and preferences
- Motivate and encourage resident involvement in the advertised program
- Continuously assess the recreational needs of residents.
- Assist residents with their recreational needs in a way that respects their dignity and privacy. Actively monitor and record changes in residents care plans.
- Maintain regular contact with care team and communicate with other staff.
- Maintain professional standards in all interactions.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An understanding, empathy, appreciation and the ability to promote the Christian values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Demonstrated experience working with the aged and an understanding of aged related conditions
- Experience of and a desire to work with people living with dementia
- Proven ability to monitor and review recreational needs of aged residents to develop suitable, innovative activities and programs
- Certificate III in Aged Care and/or Cert IV in Lifestyle and Leisure
- Empathetic approach, enthusiasm and patience - ability to use initiative to create positive experiences for residents
- Able to communicate well with residents, families and other employees, including to sensitively explore resident needs or encourage resident participation
- Committed team player with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Computer literate and experienced using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel etc.)
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging & meals and entertainment benefits (save on tax)
- Up to five weeks annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements supporting you to achieve work-life balance
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development to support you in your role
- Scholarships via Eva Burrows College
- Employee assistance program
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and accepted until the positions are filled.
To ensure your resume is noticed, please complete the online application form as well as the screening questions.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.