Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide strategic learning advice, support and partnership to the NSW/ACT Division of The Salvation Army to identify and meet learning needs and build capability that aligns with National Learning and Development (L&D) initiatives, organisational and local priorities.
Demonstrated sound capability in project and stakeholder management, instructional design, facilitation and evaluation will be highly regarded.
- Ensure effective partnerships with managers and leaders and provide strategic advice and support over a range of learning and development activities that meet organisational needs and and deliver integrated solutions with a specialist emphasis on e-learning solutions
- Identify learning needs and develop appropriate learning strategies, including online solutions, to support cultural change , build capability within the organisation and meet compliance requirements
- Manage approved learning projects by developing/delivering learning and e-learning solutions that effectively meet priorities based on stakeholder and organisational requirements, on time, on budget and to the required quality
- Apply knowledge of andragogical/ pedagogical learning theory and instructional design processes for improving training effectiveness of course content
- Use specialist software to screen record, edit videos, design, develop and upload professional e-Learning content to the LMS
- Ensure e-Learning is properly hosted, managed, accessible and supported and that issues with e-Learning are resolved within reasonable time frames
- Review and evaluate quantitative and qualitative practices in the design and delivery of learning solutions and recommend improvements
- Work collaboratively and with integrity across the Learning & Development team and with key partners and stakeholders and encourage others to do the same
- A highly collaborative, results and outcomes focused learning and development specialist with 10 years experience in delivering learning results based on agreed strategy and programs of work in a complex environment
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision and values of The Salvation Army
- A degree qualification in Adult Education & Training, Organisational Development, Business or a related field
- Significant experience across the learning and development suite including planning and review, facilitation, instructional design, e-Learning (design and delivery), leadership and capability development, needs analysis and evaluation
- Advanced skills and sound experience in project and stakeholder management and effective utilisation of learning management systems
- Direct experience with Articulate 360 will be highly valued
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to work for one of Australia's leading not-for-profit organisations and have the satisfaction of knowing that your career contributes positively to the lives of thousands of Australians each year, please click 'Apply Now' and submit a current CV and a cover letter which details your alignment with the essential requirements of the role.
The Salvation Army is an equal employment opportunity employer, we are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We provide an inclusive work environment and embrace the diverse talent of our people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.