Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
To provide Information, Assessment & Planning (IAP) services to The Salvation Army Homelessness Victoria Barwon clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
This program provides assessment and support to anyone who is 25 years old and over, and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Barwon region with housing information, referral and advocacy to access accommodation and support options.
Days required Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Clients are assessed and needs responded to according to established Opening Doors assessment and prioritisation criteria
- Case notes maintained in accordance with organisational policy and procedure and reflect assistance and support provided
- Advocacy, referral and support are provided to assist clients to work towards their housing and social goals
- Provide interim response to people on the prioritisation list
- Service delivery meets Department of Housing criteria and protocols
- The needs of dependent children are effectively identified and assessed in line with Child Safety Standards
- Information is shared with appropriate organisations in compliance with the current legislative context
- An up to date resource and information repository informs assistance provided
- Specialist knowledge of accommodation and support options available to exiting prisoners provides an appropriate response
- Complete Social Housing applications in accordance with Office of Housing (OoH) criteria
- Implementing systems to manage an effective response to client need;
- Clients are assessed for eligibility and have access to Housing Establishment Funds in accordance with OoH Guidelines and Salvation Army Policy & Procedures
- Service delivery data is recorded in the Service and Mission Information System (SAMIS) as per organisational guidelines and Department of Health and Human Services funding requirements
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Ensure that safe working conditions and practices are maintained at all times
- Comply with all TSA Work Health and Safety policies and procedures and relevant WHS legislation
- Complete incident/hazard reports as required and participate in investigations as requested
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.