START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army (TSA) Aged Care currently operates 2000 residential care places across 20 residential aged care facilities, seven retirement villages and a broad range of Community Care Programs. As a leading faith based organisation, we take a person centred approach to care and are committed to meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each of our care recipients. At The Salvation Army we have a heart for people - a deep and powerful need to care for others. We are looking for a full time Compliance and Care Assurance Advisor to join our friendly and dedicated team.
The key responsibilities of the Compliance and Care Assurance Advisor are to undertake audits that identify operational and clinical risk, regulatory compliance and policy adherence.
Key objectives of the position include:
- Conducting audits against regulatory standards and requirements using a mix of scheduled and unannounced approaches (desktop reviews and site-visits);
- Preparing draft audit reports for operations response / feedback;
- Providing finalised reports through functional management for review by governance bodies;
- Support and track continuous improvement activities at site level
- Support managers and sites and services to ensure the highest standard of evidenced based care is practiced.
Additional Key Responsibilities of the position include:
Compliance and Care Assurance:
- Undertaking activities related to quality assurance across The Salvation Army Aged Care;
- Responsible for quality reporting & recommendations for improvement.
- Auditing compliance with accreditation standards and organisaitonal policy (residential, community, respite and retirement living).
- Providing verbal and written feedback on results, issues and risk.
- Conducting audits.
Continuous Quality Improvement:
- Support sites with the development of continuous improvement activities (PCI's - plan for continuous improvement)
- Track progress of continuous improvement against recommended improvements.
- Manage accreditation applications;
- Provide guidance and support leading into anticipated visits by ACQSC or other regulatory parties
- Provide direct support on the day of a visit by the ACQSC;
- Support the drafting of submissions and responses to the ACQSC or other regulatory parties.
Essential Qualifications and Requirements for the role are:
- Experience working across wide portfolios with multiple key stakeholders.
- Registration as a Registered Nurse without restrictions in accordance with AHPRA requirements.
- Experience working in a quality role.
- Current Australian Drivers' Licence
- Ability to travel inter/intrastate
Want more reason to join The Salvation Army Aged Care?
Benefits of working for The Salvation Army (TSA) Aged Care include:
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging, meals and entertainment benefits
- Above award wages
- Up to five weeks annual leave for carers
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work arrangements supporting you to achieve work-life balance
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development opportunities to support you in your role
- Scholarships via The Salvation Army's Eva Burrows College
- Supported study options
- Employee assistance program
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.