START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
- Full time Cleaner working 38 hours per week Monday to Friday 07:57am to 16:03pm
- Experience in cleaning and handling of chemicals necessary
- The cleaner is responsible for maintaining all Material Data Safety sheets, ordering of stores and completing jobs as requested by management
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Perform all cleaning duties as per roster - this includes the residential blocks, recreation areas & dining room, toilets and bathrooms, and administration area
- Provide a high standard of cleaning as per the schedule provided, and fulfilling other urgent requests from Management
- Vacated client rooms are cleaned and made ready for new client
- Maintenance needs reported to management promptly
- Client possessions in rooms treated with care and respect
- Cleaning done with due regard to Occupational Health & Safety legislation
- Work Health & Safety issues reported to management promptly and in accordance with the Territorial Salvation Army policy and procedures
- Ensure rubbish disposal areas are maintained for effective rubbish collection.
- Responsible for all storage areas and ensure areas are clean, items stored safely and disposal of client goods are monitored and removed in accordance with Sunrise Procedures
- Hazard and Medication waste bins are emptied when required
- Cleaning and Chemical cupboard is maintained at all times and in accordance with Material Data Safety Sheets.
- All equipment is regularly serviced and maintained with Work Health
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, ensuring the safety of self and others; Understands and adheres to Work Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures
- Respects boundaries and limits of own role and capabilities; Maintains confidentiality of service users, staff and participants
- Regulates own behaviour; Listens actively; Speaks with courtesy
- Engages and contributes to team activities including discussions; contributes to team spirit
- Experience in cleaning and handling of chemicals
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to effectively communicate with trades professionals and clients.
- A national police record check is required
- Working With Children Clearance
- A current First Aid Certificate
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.