Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Dooralong Transformation Centre is Australia's largest drug, alcohol and gambling rehabilitation centre providing residential support services in an abstinence based, drug-free environment.
The Dooralong transformation Centre operates under The Salvation Army Bridge Program with incorporates:
- Group discussion and one-on-one sessions
- Drug and alcohol education
- Health care assistance
- Recreational activities
- Vocational training
The combined programs result in a holistic approach to the treatment of addiction, enabling participants to strive towards physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual well-being.
As a Case Worker you will provide effective service delivery, ensuring case management, assessment and referral, education and support are provided in accordance with TSA guidelines, ensuring a comprehensive participant led recovery based service is provided.
- Provide efficient day to day service delivery through education, interventions, group work, assessment, referral and case work within a recovery orientated and person led service environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to an environment that values continuous improvement and innovation in the delivery of high quality services.
- Acquire and maintain a good working knowledge of referral and support options for participants.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other services.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a permanent full time position, 38 hours per week.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 4.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of AOD/Gambling, Community Services and Health Sectors.
- Demonstrated case management experience
- Experience facilitating psychoeducation and therapeutic groups to diverse populations
- Capacity to deal with unpredictable situations and behaviour utilising de-escalation techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with problems associated with substance abuse, gambling and mental health conditions.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and continuous improvement strategies
- Experience working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and religions.
- Experience in facilitating pastoral support desirable.
- At least two years' experience in recovery, if applicable.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to develop and tailor programs to meet participants' needs.
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote, support and model the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Current and valid Working with Children Check
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.