Who We Are
William Booth House is a nationally accredited service operated by The Salvation Army in the heart of Sydney, providing:
- Withdrawal management: Medically supervised detoxification from alcohol and other drugs.
- The Bridge Program: a residential rehabilitation service, transforming the lives of those addicted to alcohol, drugs and gambling.
The Bridge Program, William Booth House, is an abstinence-based, residential rehabilitation program, delivered in the context of a modified therapeutic community. It incorporates a range of intervention and recovery therapy models, including: one-on-one case management, group therapy, 12-Step recovery, and motivational enhancement strategies. The program incorporates evidence-based AOD/gambling treatment, spiritual support, recreational activities, health care, family involvement and vocational education and training.
We are currently seeking an experienced Case Worker to join our team for a 1-year contract. The person successful in this position will be working with clients motivated to transform their lives, primarily by:
- Facilitating groups,
- Engaging in case management (participant-led and strengths-based),
- Conducting assessments and interventions, and
- Providing referrals (including education and other supports).
What we are seeking from you?
- Minimum of diploma-level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of AOD, community services and health sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with unpredictable situations and behaviour utilising de-escalation techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with problems associated with substance abuse, gambling and mental health conditions.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and continuous improvement strategies.
- Experience working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- Experience working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and religions.
- Experience working in collaboration with other organisations.
- Experience in facilitating pastoral support desirable.
- Knowledge of work health safety obligations and to practice these in the workplace in line with TSA policy & procedures and legislation.
- Professional development required to maintain skills for the role.
Application closes when the right candidate is found!