Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
About the role
To support and empower single women and families to achieve housing stability, experience improved social inclusion and be equipped to live successfully in the community. This support is achieved through person-centred case management, incorporating recovery-based, trauma-informed and strengths-based practices through PACE supervision.
- Evidence-based case planning and support to assist clients towards independent living
- Provide information, goal setting, advocacy, assistance with living skills and referrals to professional services
- This support is achieved through person-centred case management incorporating resilience, trauma-informed and strengths-based practices
- Working effectively with other members of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a comprehensive client service within the values and mission of TSA
- You will deliver effective case practices through engagement in PACE supervision
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote and support the values and ethos of The Salvation Army
- Tertiary qualifications within Community Services, Social Work or similar discipline, or extensive relevant experience with a minimum of Diploma qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to respond to complete behaviours associated with substance abuse, homelessness and mental health conditions or illnesses
- Demonstrated abilities to work at a professional level are self-motivated and strong work ethic
- The ability to communicate at a level that promotes clients to become self-reliant
- Confident administration skills
- Team player, flexible, adaptive and has a positive attitude
- An ability to network and liaise with other community services
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current Driver's licence
- Willingness to undergo a national police check
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (Blue Card) or the ability to obtain