START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with leadership experience in Aged Care, to join the team at Elizabeth Jenkins Place Aged Care -Collaroy, in the role of Clinical Coordinator. This role is available on a permanent full-time basis.
Join the team at our modern Elizabeth Jenkins Place Aged Care Centre in Collaroy, on Sydney's beautiful Northern Beaches.
Elizabeth Jenkins Place Aged Care Centre is our stunning new residential aged care centre. Located in the beautiful seaside suburb of Collaroy, the Centre resembles a typical Australian home with tranquil garden areas throughout, spacious light filled rooms, beach inspired furnishings, freshly cooked meals and the added peace of mind of friendly nurses accessible any time.
As the Clinical Coordinator you will be responsible for providing clinical leadership, guidance, supervision and education to all staff to promote excellence in care. The role's main purpose is to work with and assist the Care Manager to plan, coordinate and evaluate the clinical care in the centre to assist the centre maintain full accreditation and achieve best practice. The main responsibilities of the role are, but not limited to:
- To maintain accountability and responsibility for the clinical management of health and care outcomes of the residents in the centre.
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of safe, effective and individualised care to residents and their families (including managing staff and physical resources) and assisting residents to lead an active and meaningful life as independently as possible in keeping with the organisation's Mission, Vision and Values.
- To utilise the ACFI to optimise funding in relation resident care plans, and ensure that sufficient evidence is maintained for validation of all claims.
- To promote and support a person centered culture and values - respect and treat all people as unique individuals with needs, preferences and a past history.
- To deputise in the Care Manager Absence
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An understanding of, and empathy with, the Christian faith, values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Current unrestricted RN Div 1 registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Extensive clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (preferably in in Aged Care)
- Demonstrated knowledge in the care needs of the older person
- Understanding of and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- An understanding of and demonstrated experience with Aged Care Accreditation and relevant Aged Care Legislation
- An understanding of and demonstrated experience with Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI)
- Demonstrated excellent organisational and time management skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- You must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Strong IT skills and experience in aged care clinical management using iCare.
- Excellent remuneration
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging & meals and entertainment benefits (save on tax)
- Flexible work arrangements supporting you to achieve work-life balance
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development to support you in your role
- Employee assistance program