- Casual Position
- Ballarat VIC
- Leading not-for-profit organisation
START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This position is integral to the delivery of a variety of community services and programs delivered via our multi-skilled teams. While reception services are key to the role there is a variety of responsibilities across administration and IT system support, operational support, finance, property, quality assurance and work health and safety.
- Welcoming and providing timely and relevant response to all visitors, phone inquiries and program participants.
- Understand, apply and support quality finance systems and processes.
- Coordinate the maintenance of and essential service delivery to all office and activity spaces, units, vehicles, and equipment.
- Support staff, students and volunteers and the operations of all programs via the coordination of equipment and resources.
- Develop and maintain local policy and proforma, tracking and recording changes to documents, training records, meeting records and files as required.
- Ensure IT systems are accessible and support all staff to navigate available technology.
- Provide leadership in the area of Work health and Safety.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
- Sound Knowledge of reception function, with demonstrated ability to develop rapport with staff, service users and visitors.
- Demonstrated time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to perform basic bookkeeping and receipting tasks.
- Good knowledge of "Privacy Principles" and demonstrated ability in applying them.
- Working knowledge and experience in IT systems and software, including word processing and data entry.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.