In July 2018 Oceania Province of the Christian Brothers established Edmund Rice Ministries Oceania (ERMO) to have oversight of fourteen ministries around Oceania that look to the life and example of Edmund Rice as their inspiration.
Under the direction of the ERMO Executive Officer the EO Camps VIC will provide oversight and operational leadership to ensure the smooth and effective running of much needed Camp programs which make a significant and meaningful contribution in the lives of children and young people experiencing disadvantage and adversity.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Oversight and leadership of local Camp Ministry day to day operations
- Management of staff and volunteer teams
- Finance and budget management
- Implementation of Risk Management plan
- Compliance and Governance
- Work with Local Ministry Board
- Provide regular reports to the ERMO Executive Officer
1. Values & Principles
- Demonstrated experience in aligning with organisation values and principles
- Willingness to align with the ethos and mission of Edmund Rice Ministries Oceania
2. Strategic Direction & Implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues for children, young people and families facing complex adversity.
- Sound experience in grant writing and track record of achieving funding through grant applications, corporate sponsorships and/or campaigning and donor appeals
- Management experience with funding, finance, staff and governance
- Experience building relationships with existing stakeholders and developing new networks for ongoing funding and support
3. Interpersonal Engagement
- Experience in leading and developing an organisational culture based on respectful relationship and celebrating individual skills and contributions.
- Experience working successfully at a Senior level
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills to positively engage with children, young people and young adults and different contexts and cultures
4. Volunteer Service
- Experience in creating a culture of risk attentiveness, vigilance and responsiveness to the needs of children and/or volunteers and staff
5. Service Management
- Creates and produces impactful digital content across website, social media, newsletters and all digital communication
- Demonstrates ability to work in a consultative, cooperative and supportive team environment with staff and/or volunteers.
- Demonstrates report writing and presentation skills including the preparation of financial reports and budgets.
6. Professional Development
- Enhances own strategic, planning, risk management and operational delivery and competencies knowledge and skills.
Person Specification/ Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor Degree related to Community development, Social welfare, Counselling or other relevant area
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar role including leadership, oversight of team and management responsibilities
- Working with Children clearance
- Current unrestricted Drivers licence
- Apply First Aid certificate
- Willingness and ability to travel from time to time
- Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet the demands of the role including weekend and evening work.
The position is full-time and for a maximum term of three years including a 6 month probation period and commencing April 2020.
A position description is attached.