About the Tree Scheme
The Tree Scheme provides an opportunity for landholders to order low-cost seedlings from a range of 42 environmental zones across SA. Supported by our Westwood Nursery staff and by a bank of volunteer growers who provide quality seedlings, the Tree Scheme is now in its 40th year of operation.
About the role
As the Operations Manager – Tree Scheme, your role is to ensure the effective delivery of quality native plants and growing materials to landholders via a statewide network of depots. Your key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee depot operations at Westwood Nursery; liaise with multiple depot managers statewide.
- Procure supplies and materials, and manage their statewide distribution.
- Oversee plant care, maintenance and storage allocation of Tree Scheme stock.
- Respond to enquiries; provide technical, specialised advice to clients, general public, staff and volunteers as required.
- Employment offers will be conditional on passing a pre-employment medical examination.
- The successful candidate will hold a current C Class licence and have ability to drive a 1 tonne vehicle with trailer (essential).
- Intrastate travel and out of hours work will be required.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experience in logistics and distribution of goods.
- Experience in native plant propagation and care.
- Experience managing contractors and volunteers
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to quality customer service delivery.
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
About Trees For Life
Trees for Life is a not for profit community-based organisation that works with all South Australians to help restore SA’s natural and productive landscapes through revegetation and conservation. We have over 6000 members, many of whom are active volunteers. We are a welcoming, productive and flexible family-friendly workplace.