Located at Ntaria (Hermannsburg), NT, a Western Arrarnta community, approx 130kms west of Alice Springs via sealed road.
To work with job seekers to determine their employment goals, to identify and help them to overcome their vocational and non-vocational barriers, to develop their skill set relevant to the chosen employment pathway, and preparing them for employment.
To develop and implement a tailored plan of solution focused interventions and activities specifically to meet their individual needs to achieve sustainable employment.
To achieve sustainable job outcome targets and assist job seekers to maintain employment.
Role responsibilities and performance requirements
- Use a case management framework to deliver employment services to job seekers.
- Prepare for each interview by analysing available information and reviewing job seeker documentation in order to provide a high quality, individualised service.
- Conduct one to one interviews with job seekers.
- Provide pre-employment assistance through vocational counselling, training, job search skills to increase capacity for employment in order to achieve job placements and sustainable employment outcomes.
- Support job seekers in the workplace to maintain ongoing employment through effective post-placement support.
- Work in collaboration with job seekers to tailor a job plan with agreed services and activities to achieve sustainable employment.
- Deliver tailored and effective vocational and non-vocational interventions to ensure sustainable employment is achieved.
- Undertake regular monitoring by conducting work-focused discussions as part of each referral interview, including updating of the job seeker’s job plan to ensure ongoing engagement of the job seeker.
- Develop a professional resume relevant to the job seeker’s acquired skills and experience, that is relevant to the labour market.
- Assist job seekers to link into community based resources and education programs.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed correctly and in line with contractual deadlines and guidelines.
- Ensure the job seeker file and case note integrity is objective, within legal parameters and which withstands Services Australia monitoring.
- Participate in employment team meetings.Deal competently with a large volume of incoming calls.
- Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management.
- Annual Salary: $70,000
- Annual Leave: 6 weeks
- Accommodation: Furnished accommodation/utilities is charged at $60 per fortnight per adult occupant
- Vehicle: Provided for work purposes