- 0.8EFT role based in Sunshine | 2 year contract with view to extend
- Actively encouraged to work at least one day from home each week
- Working in an evidence-based therapeutic program with Indigenous clients
We are currently recruiting for a Therapeutic Family Violence Practitioner to work in a new program that provides a comprehensive, specialised suite of therapeutic services to ensure that survivors of family violence are physically and emotionally safe.
This specific role will work with clients from Aboriginal backgrounds and provide expertise and secondary consult to organisations in a culturally safe and trauma-informed way.
- Manage counselling allocation of 10-12 clients, including providing individual, family and group therapeutic work
- Facilitate evidence-based/informed and therapeutic groups
- Deliver evidence-informed best practice services to vulnerable children, youth and families with complex needs children with a disability; children and families from a culturally or linguistically diverse background; and/or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Establish working relationships with children and families, demonstrating respect and honest communication
- Strengthen family connections and promote positive interactions
- Use a range of therapeutic techniques and approaches to engage children and families
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or related behavioural science
- This role works directly with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander families – experience working with Indigenous families is a must
- Experience in undertaking client-centric therapeutic assessments
- Capacity to analyse complex issues, including the impact of violence and trauma, safety and risk, provide therapeutic interventions for women and children and assist them to achieve goals.
- Experience in planning and facilitating evidence-based/informed therapeutic individual and group programs
- Experience in active engagement of vulnerable children, youth and families and delivering a range of interventions to improve their outcomes
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply
- Postgraduate qualification or currently studying one in counselling/therapy, leadership or management
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working with Children’s Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
WHY WORK WITH TRADEWIND?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest-growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
If you would like more information about the role, please email email@example.com using the subject line: Therapeutic Family Violence Practitioner enquiry via EthicalJobs or phone 03 9081 0562 and ask for a member of our Family Services Team