- Multiple roles available in Kinship and Foster programs
- Full-time roles in an ongoing contract | Positions available in the North and the South East
- Supportive working environment | Opportunity to work from home
We are currently recruiting for a Kinship Case Manager and Foster Care Case Manager in Northern Suburbs as well as the South-Eastern Suburbs, to provide case management and support to Kinship Care and Foster Care programs.
The Case Manager provides support to vulnerable children and young people as well as their kinship carer(s)/Foster Carer(s) who can present with a range of complex issues related to drug and alcohol use, family violence, mental health, and cycles of disadvantage and poverty resulting in chronic neglect and cumulative harm.
- Provide a case management and case work service to clients of the Out of Home Care Program
- Liaise with birth families regarding their children in kinship/foster care
- Plan and facilitate group programs to vulnerable carers, children and young people
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with DHHS Child Protection, other government and community organisations
- Participate in and contribute to program development and innovation
- Commitment to the safety, well-being and best interests of children and young people, and duty of care in the prevention, identification, and response to child abuse
You must have:
- Excellent family and child assessment skills including risk assessment of children and young people as well as assessment of caregivers
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated case management skills with complex families and at risk children and young people
- Must have previously worked in an out of home care related program. E.g. Foster Care, Kinship Care, TPC, Child Protection, Reunification
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining positive working relationships with Child Protection Services and other professionals and families in challenging situations
- Understanding of and ability to apply therapeutic models and theories around trauma and child development that enable positive change and demonstrated ability to apply these in practice
- Capacity to work effectively with families from a range of cultural and socio economic backgrounds; particularly with Indigenous families
- Minimum Diploma in Social Work, Community Services or related
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
Tradewind Australia is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like more information about the roles, please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Out of Home Care Case Managers enquiry via EthicalJobs or phone 1800 9889 025 and ask to speak to one of our family services consultants.