- Work for a variety of South-Eastern hospitals in both public and private settings
- Short Term and sessional shifts available
- Work in both Acute and Subacute Wards
We are currently looking for Grade 2 Hospital Social Workers to provide cover across a number of South-Eastern hospitals on a locum basis.
As a locum Hospital Social Worker you will be employed by Tradewind on a casual basis and be offered short term contracts or casual shifts as required. These roles typically suit someone who enjoys a good work/ life balance and has the adaptability to work in various settings.
These roles require you to “hit the ground running”, therefore a minimum of 2 years working in a hospital setting is essential.
- Be responsible for a clinical caseload, predominantly involving inpatients and their families/carers
- Provide a timely response to referrals, through performing evidence based clinical services using a person centred approach in the development of an appropriate treatment plan
- Be an integral part of the Social Work and multi-disciplinary team
- Provide highly responsive and flexible services to patients in the unit whilst upholding a high level of professionalism and practicing within organisation’s core values
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Recognised Degree in Social Work with eligibility for membership of AASW or hold an APRHA registration
- Experience in undertaking comprehensive psychosocial assessments, intervention, discharge planning of patients within a hospital inpatient and outpatient setting including the ability to manage a complex caseload
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- To have worked within a multidisciplinary team setting, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Hospital Setting
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Computer skills
You will also be willing to undergo police and Working with Children Checks, as well as providing 2 recent managerial references.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
Tradewind Australia is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
1800 989 025