- Support women facing financial hardship following family violence
- Permanent ongoing position, 0.6EFT
- Located in Boronia but currently working from home
We are currently looking for an experienced Financial Counsellor with a passion for helping people experiencing financial difficulties. You will be working within a multi-disciplinary service to assist women who are facing economic abuse, insecurity, and/or financial hardship following family violence.
- Provide financial counselling assessment, advice and casework assistance to clients who have / are experiencing family violence as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary response
- Formulate financial action plans, set goals and work with women who have experienced family violence to achieve these goals
- Provide financial counselling information and secondary consultation to community workers
- Work collaboratively with community lawyers, family violence advocates, and other professional in improving access to justice and support services
- Engage in partnership development activities with agencies and other local parties
You will have:
- A Diploma of Financial Counselling OR Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling) is ESSENTIAL
- Membership with Financial and Consumer Rights Council Victoria
- Relevant experience in a financial counselling, preferably in a community service environment
- Thorough knowledge of relevant credit and debt legislation
- Demonstrated experience of complex casework, advocacy and negotiation
- Commitment to social justice and equality
- Experience and understanding of the social context of family violence will be highly regarded
You must also have a Victorian Drivers Licence and be willing to undergo a police and Working With Children Check, as well as provide two recent managerial references.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's largest agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025
If you would like more information about the roles, please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Financial Counsellor - Family Violence enquiry via EthicalJobs, or phone 03 9081 0562 and ask for a member of our Family Services Team.