The Project Manager will work under the direction of BREAZE Inc. and participate in the Project Control Group (PCG) consisting of BREAZE Inc. and Hepburn Wind representatives, and will supervise and be supported by a 0.5 FTE project support role. BREAZE Inc. is primarily located in Ballarat, but flexible work and travel arrangements can be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The Community Power Hub program is being delivered by Sustainability Victoria with the objectives of reducing carbon emissions and energy costs, as well as bolstering local support and understanding of renewable energy across Victoria.
In this role you will
As a project management professional, in collaboration with a small, committed team, use your wide-ranging technical skills and familiarity with a diversity of renewable energy opportunities and community energy models to support communities to engage with and determine projects for the Grampians Community Power Hub to support. Follow your interest in social change to work closely with communities, technical experts, Councils, industry and other stakeholders. Work collaboratively in a small, interdependent team to ensure that a pipeline of community energy projects is secured for the region and amplify existing regional programs and opportunities.
This position will suit those keen to extend their contacts with government, sustainability and community groups in the region. The successful applicant will be working with a wide range of technical consultants across a range of products in diverse social contexts.
The key deliverables of the position are to:
- Work with the PCG to develop, implement and manage a project delivery plan and community engagement plan, and provides reports on progress to the PCG as required.
- Provide local, trusted advice to the community on clean energy solutions.
- Assist groups and organisations to work both individually and together to develop and deliver community energy projects across the Grampians Region.
- Ensure an equitable spread of community energy groups and projects across the region.
- Identify community energy projects across the region that are socially acceptable, financially feasible and technically viable.
- Develop and commission at least two of these projects by June 2022.
- Ensure the program runs on time and on budget.
Key Selection Criteria for the position are:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with communities and other organisations to achieve common carbon reduction goals.
- Demonstrated experience in: project management, budget management, managing contractors, consultants and volunteers, reporting and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in: electrical engineering, renewable energy systems or related fields is required to assess proposals, undertake feasibility studies, and provide communities with quality advice.
- The ability to be adaptable and work with numerous groups and achieve consensus when there are many divergent views.
- A current drivers licence and access to a car is essential as occasional travel throughout the region will be required.
A position description is attached.
- JOB TYPE: Full time on 12 months fixed term
- REMUNERATION: A competitive salary plus 10% superannuation and holiday entitlements
- LOCATION: Working from home in the Ballarat region or elsewhere as negotiated
- SUPERVISOR: BREAZE Inc
Please submit a cover letter and current CV.