To utilise expertise and stewardship skills to further develop strategies and implement programs aimed at acquiring, converting, retaining, and reactivating mid-level supporters, major donors and bequests prospects for The Kids’ Cancer Project. This role will support the Head of Individual Giving and wider team in achieving fundraising objectives, growing our community of high-level givers, and ultimately improving outcomes for children and families impacted by cancer.
The Kids Cancer Projects Objectives:
The Kids’ Cancer Project objective is to support bold scientific research that has the greatest chance of clinical success in the improvement of treatments or survival of childhood cancer.
Mid-level and Major Gifts
- Develop and implement targeted strategies to grow the number of mid and major gifts received by The Kids’ Cancer Project.
- Manage development and refinement of processes and stewardship strategies.
- Develop information packages and communications to assist with the acquisition of mid/major givers to The Kids’ Cancer Project.
- Nurture existing relationships with existing mid and major givers.
- Develop a network of individuals and groups that have the potential to be mid and major givers for The Kids’ Cancer Project.
- Engage and work with The Kids’ Cancer Project Board members to achieve objectives.
- Work with TKCP team to include, where applicable, mid and major givers in relevant fundraising or engagement programs (Ie: Direct mail appeals, community events and corporate campaigns).
- Develop and implement strategies to grow bequest income for The Kids’ Cancer Project.
- Design and implement a focused and sustainable bequest program.
- Grow number of bequest prospects through research and acquisition strategies.
- Individually nurture relationships with key bequests prospects.
- Work with The Kids’ Cancer Project media partners and corporate networks to increase awareness of The Kids’ Cancer Project bequest program.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to better utilise The Kids’ Cancer Project extensive donor database to inform and deliver to the goals of the bequest program.
- Work with mail house and telemarketing agency on mailing and calling programs to acquire bequests prospects and implement follow ups.
- Assist with the development of offerings to corporates in relation to bequests.
- Develop a network of relevant professional group and practitioners to assist with the professional requirements of a bequest program.
- Drive and improve relationships and donor journeys for The Kids’ Cancer Project’s high value supporters. This involves having one-on-one meetings and inviting key supporters to events.
- Assist with the provision of support and relationship management of families that The Kids’ Cancer Project support or interact with through its activities.
- Develop and implement strategies to support successful stewardship and retention of high value donors.
- Participate and provide input into the development of The Kids’ Cancer Project strategies and long-term goals, and support implementation of these strategies.
- Work with team members on developing, refining and implementing donor journeys for high value supporters.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of staff development that promotes teamwork, leadership and The Kids’ Cancer Project values.
As directed by the CEO and Head of Individual Giving, lead or assist in the development of other strategic projects and work requirements that The Kids’ Cancer Project may become involved in.
Skills and experience - Essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Major Giving and Bequests
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent demonstrated relevant experience.
- Demonstrated relationship skills and an ability to work effectively in a small team
- Database management skills
- A ‘big picture’ thinker with a high level of attention to detail and pride in their work
- Enthusiastic, flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Conscientious, reliable and self-motivated with a strong sense of emotional intelligence
- Strong sense of accountability
- Strong customer service ethic
- Quick thinking with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Empathetic with the children and families TKCP support and passionate about the cause