The House of Welcome (HoW), a project of St Francis Social Services, is passionate about providing opportunities for refugees and people seeking asylum that enable their self-determination, empowerment and participation in the community.
HoW provides transitional accommodation and housing for approximately 95 asylum seekers in 19 properties. In addition to housing, staff and volunteers offer a variety of support services such as case work, financial assistance, food bank, referrals, advocacy, employment and community development programs for numerous clients across Sydney.
A Description of the Position
The Grant Writer & Digital Communications role is a dynamic position requiring the ability to utilise skills with creativity and flexibility. The position reports to the Executive Manager and is a critical member of the House of Welcome and St Francis Social Services Team.
- Work closely with the House of Welcome team to understand HoW programs and their priorities for funding
- Proactively identify and pursue fundraising opportunities through grants and other funding opportunities
- Research, write and submit compelling grant applications
- Manage a detailed, prioritised calendar to ensure an adequate pipeline of applications and acquittals
- Prepare reports, statistics, and other relevant information as required for compliance with submissions and funding agreements
- Research and enlist individual, foundation and corporate support that results in philanthropic gifts, grants and pro-bono support
- Update the HoW section of the SFSS website
- Maintain social media presence on Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Contribute to development and distribution of print & digital quarterly newsletters
- Promotion of HoW’s participation in advocacy campaigns through digital platforms
- Input to strategy and assist with major SFSS and HOW fundraising campaigns and events
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, marketing, journalism or other related field
- Proven success in grant writing and reporting, ideally in a not-for-profit environment
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals and reports that are succinct, professional and compelling - with the capacity to adjust style to suit various audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media, mailchimp and other digital fundraising platforms.
- Able to competently and rapidly understand program work and fundraising activities to accurately express in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- Ability to work with various church and community groups without discrimination.
- Experience within the not for profit sector as an employee or volunteer.
- Demonstrated understanding of policy framework and issues encountered by refugees and asylum seekers in Australia.
- Driver’s licence
For further information about the position contact Miriam Pellicano: email@example.com, using the subject line: Grant Writer & Digital Communications enquiry via EthicalJobs, or phone 02 9727 9290.