The Underground Collaborative is a not-for-profit that exists to provide employment to educate and empower women and young people experiencing or at-risk of homelessness. Our vision is to break the cycle of homelessness through employment where we operate our hospitality social enterprise Ground+Co cafe to achieve this.
We are in an exciting period of growth and are recruiting an Engagement and Training Officer to develop and implement the material required to deliver The Underground Collaborative’s training program.
Our aim is for our Team Members to successfully transition from Ground+Co to long-term employment.
What does the role look like?
As the Engagement and Training Officer, you will use your experience to develop training material alongside the Project Lead and Ground+Co Café Manager which will be implemented as part of TUC’s Employment Program.
You will be responsible for developing training and assessment materials for our Team Members as you assist them to become work ready during their time at Ground+Co.
You’ll conduct structured assessments based on the training developed, make sophisticated judgements, and have excellent personal and professional boundaries in an empathetic but direct manner.
You will also provide support to our hospitality staff and Café Manager so they can provide appropriate work support to our Team Members.
Reporting to the Program Lead, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and deliver Ground+Co’s Employment Program activities – such as conducting assessments (including intake), planning and co-facilitating a range of work readiness and life skills programs, and coordinating work experience shifts in the café
- Align the developed training material to certified qualifications to support the ongoing learning and development of our Team Members
- Participate in the development and delivery of training and employment programs, and support for Ground+Co’s hospitality team, including on the job training and assessment of Team Members
- Maintain a safe and inclusive environment for our Team Members whilst maintaining firm and clear boundaries
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders, including external training bodies and accreditation authorities
- Participate in The Underground Collaborative’s measurement and evaluation activities in order to deliver evidence-based programs
- Assist the wider team to complete general tasks and implement project activities to ensure agreed outcomes are achieved
- Commitment to work towards the social mission with the values of The Underground Collaborative
- Experience in a similar role program development delivery and review, specifically supporting vulnerable individuals
- Cert. IV TAE qualification or working towards will be highly regarded
- Training experience, particularly with vulnerable people in an employment setting
- High-level time management skills with an ability to prioritise
- Excellent attention to detail whilst being a flexible team player
- Knowledge and/or experience and understanding of the community service sector is highly desirable
- Excellent professional/personal boundaries to guide and inform interventions
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively manage a range of tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will also have a valid Working With Children Check and ability to obtain National Police Check
- 12-month fixed term (with potential for extension)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development opportunities
For further information, please contact email@example.com using the subject line: Engagement and Training Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs or head to:
We will be commencing shortlisting for this role immediately. Applications will be closed once a suitable applicant has been identified so don't delay!